Basil Infused Olive Oil
How to Make Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 1Place the basil leaves in a small microwave safe bowl with the olive oil. Mash the leaves into the oil with a fork. Do this thoroughly to release as much flavor from the leaves as possible.
- 2Heat the oil and mashed leaves in the microwave on high for about 15 seconds. Do not let the oil boil, just get it warm to release the flavor of the basil leaves.
- 3Remove from microwave and mash the leaves again. Then line a funnel with a coffee filter and pour the infused oil into the funnel over a bottle. Allow the oil to drain into the bottle. You may need to squeeze the filter slightly, to help it drain.
- 4You can store the infused oil on the counter top if you plan on using it all within a week. Or you can store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. In the fridge the oil will solidify. Just remove it from the fridge a few minutes before using it so that the oil can liquefy.
- 5There are so many uses for this infused oil! Drizzle over pasta or pizza. Add it to pasta sauce or salad dressing! Dip Italian bread in the oil. Drizzle it over sliced mozzarella with sliced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. YUM!