Avacado Lovers Guacamole
Note: Ragarding the mayo, start with less and then add more to your family's liking: Like with salt, you can add it later but can't take it out once its in...
- very ripe haas avacados
- 1/2 c
- diced onion [sweet onion if available]
- 1 Tbsp
- white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- hellmanns mayo add more slowly
- 1 Tbsp
- sour cream [optional]
- tortilla chips [optional]
- freshly ground peppercorn or black pepper
- garlic powder
How to Make Avacado Lovers Guacamole
- 1Cut avacado in half long wise.
Using spoon, scoop outavacado "meat" and place in mixing bowl.
Note, although it only yields a small amount, I use a large mixing bowl and then store it to chill in an appropriate size container/serving dish.
- 2Using potato masher, mash the avacado to desired consistency. I like mine thick and smooth, but some prefer it a bit chunky. Cook's choice. ;-)
- 3Add onion & mix in with wooden spoon. I don't know why, but using metallic things seem to make the guacamole grow a brown top more quickly.
- 4Note: from this point on, use lesser amounts and add by taste. Once its in, you can't take it out!!! It may slow down the process, but its sooo worth it when it tastes delicious. When you'e made the recipe a few times, you'll know what you like.
Sour cream [optional]
- 6Stir with wooden spoon.
- 7Add additional ingredients to your taste.
- 8Put in non-metallic container & place in refrigerator to chill for 3-4 hours. This lets flavors "mingle".
- 9After chilled, taste & make adjustments as needed.
Some people like to eat with tortilla chips of your choice. The plainer the chip, the more you can taste the guacamole. If your choice of chip is one that's so hot it burns yourmouth, this recipe may not be to your liking. Its a more mild & mellow guacamole.