Avacado Lovers Guacamole
Note: Ragarding the mayo, start with less and then add more to your family's liking: Like with salt, you can add it later but can't take it out once its in...
2very ripe haas avacados
1/2 cdiced onion [sweet onion if available]
1 Tbspwhite vinegar
1 Tbsphellmanns mayo add more slowly
1 Tbspsour cream [optional]
·tortilla chips [optional]
dash(es)freshly ground peppercorn or black pepper
How to Make Avacado Lovers Guacamole
- Cut avacado in half long wise.
Using spoon, scoop outavacado "meat" and place in mixing bowl.
Note, although it only yields a small amount, I use a large mixing bowl and then store it to chill in an appropriate size container/serving dish.
- Using potato masher, mash the avacado to desired consistency. I like mine thick and smooth, but some prefer it a bit chunky. Cook's choice. ;-)
- Add onion & mix in with wooden spoon. I don't know why, but using metallic things seem to make the guacamole grow a brown top more quickly.
- Note: from this point on, use lesser amounts and add by taste. Once its in, you can't take it out!!! It may slow down the process, but its sooo worth it when it tastes delicious. When you'e made the recipe a few times, you'll know what you like.
Sour cream [optional]
- Stir with wooden spoon.
- Add additional ingredients to your taste.
- Put in non-metallic container & place in refrigerator to chill for 3-4 hours. This lets flavors "mingle".
- After chilled, taste & make adjustments as needed.
Some people like to eat with tortilla chips of your choice. The plainer the chip, the more you can taste the guacamole. If your choice of chip is one that's so hot it burns yourmouth, this recipe may not be to your liking. Its a more mild & mellow guacamole.