Antipasto Dip, a Party in Your Mouth!
Don't let the long list of ingredients intimidate you, it's pretty much just a matter of chopping it all in a food processor.
My little brother used to call it pizza dip because it tasted like everything on a pizza to him. LOL
1 can(s)14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
27 oz cans sliced mushrooms, drained and chopped
17 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1 cpimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
1/2 cchopped green pepper
1/2 cchopped celery
FOR THE DRESSING
1/2 cfinely chopped red onion
1clove garlic, minced
1/3 colive oil
2/3 cwhite vinegar
2 tspitalian seasoning blend
1 tspseasoned salt
How to Make Antipasto Dip, a Party in Your Mouth!
- Place the celery, green peppers and olives in a food processor and pulse until a small chop. You can, of course, do this by hand instead.
- Add the mushrooms, roasted red peppers and artichokes to the processor and chop. Be careful not to over chop and turn it into a paste.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing to a small saucepan and mix.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the vegetables. Stir to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate until cooled. It's even better the next day and will keep in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Serve with pita chips, lettuce leaves, bagel chips, or just about anything.