Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
1 Tbspolive oil
1/2 csmall diced onion
2 tspminced garlic
2 tspchipotle chilies in adobo, chopped
2 ptfresh raspberried, rinsed
1/2 craspberry vineger
How to Make Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over med-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring , until soft and slightly carmelized. About 4 min.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the chipotle chiles and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add the raspberries and cook until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and mix to deglaze the pan.
- Add the sugar and salt , and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until thickened and reduced to about half...8 to 10 minutes...Remove from the heat and cool before serving.
- This can be used as a BBQ sauce or basting sauce for shrimp, poultry or meat. Pour over a block of cream cheese and serve as a dip with club crackers...so good !! Or can be used as a sauce for meatballs or cocktail sausages as a appetizer. Good in wraps too !!
- I have substituted Jalepeno peppers for the onion...also used apple cider vinegar instead of raspberry...and tried it with brown sugar. These changes worked to make a delicious recipe even better !!!!!!!!