HOT FUDGE SAUCE...it's an oldie!!!...Cin
- 3/4 c
- plus 2 teaspoons heavy (whipping) cream
- 1/2 c
- plus 1 1/2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1/3 c
- brown sugar
- 1/3 c
- unsweetened cocoa (don't skimp here, use a good quality)
- 1 pinch
- sea salt (a good pinch)
- 1 1/2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate bar (chopped or use chocolate chips)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- pure vanilla (i use my homemade vanilla)
How to Make HOT FUDGE SAUCE...it's an oldie!!!...Cin
- 1In a medium-sized pot, (one with a heavy bottom) combine heavy (whipping) cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa, salt and one-half of the chopped chocolate.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat, just until chocolate is melted (stirring frequently).
- 3Reduce your heat & let the mixture boil gently, for 5 minutes (still stirring).
- 4Now remove from heat, and add butter, vanilla along with the rest of the chocolate. Stirring together well, until mixture is smooth.
- 5Cool it to a warm sauce before serving (so that it's not HOT when served).
- 6Sauce will be thick and chewy when served over vanilla ice cream...or your favorite flavor.
- 7If you have any lefovers, place in refrig...will keep up to a week. It is great served over more than just ice creams so it may not last long enough to worry about keeping it in the frig!!!
Try it over a Chocolate Cake right from the oven, Banana Slices, Ice Box Pies, Puddings...etc.