Mimosa (Russian Tuna Salad)
- 4 can(s)
- 12oz canned tuna in water
- 5 medium
- 2 medium
- 3 medium
- 6 sprig(s)
- green onions
- 8 oz
- mozerella cheese (i prefer smoked)
- 1 c
- ground black pepper
- salt to taste
How to Make Mimosa (Russian Tuna Salad)
- 1Cover potatoes and carrots with water in a pot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender. Drain, cool and then peel them. Set aside.
- 2In a separate pot, boil the eggs. Drain, let cool and peel them. Separate whites from yolks. Set aside;
- 3Open cans with tuna fish, drain liquid from the fish, put it in a bowl;
- 4Rinse and clean green onion, separate whites from green part, finely chop them set aside in separate bowls;
- 5Get a nice size serving plate.
- 6Grate potatoes on medium/large slots, arrange them into even layer, season with salt and pepper and add a bit of mayonnaise:
- 7Place an even layer of tuna on the top and add a bit of mayonnaise on top:
- 8On small slots grate egg whites, make an even layer, season with salt and add a bit of mayonnaise:
- 9Next come carrots. Grate boiled carrots on large slots:
- 10On top of carrot layer grade Mozzarella cheese on large slots, make it even. Add a bit of mayonnaise.
- 11For the final layer, grate egg yolks on small slots. Try to cover entire plate evenly.
- 12Make a border on the sides with finely chopped green onions.
- 13Decorate plate with dill springs.