Mimosa (Russian Tuna Salad)
4 can(s)12oz canned tuna in water
6 sprig(s)green onions
8 ozmozerella cheese (i prefer smoked)
·ground black pepper
·salt to taste
How to Make Mimosa (Russian Tuna Salad)
- Cover potatoes and carrots with water in a pot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender. Drain, cool and then peel them. Set aside.
- In a separate pot, boil the eggs. Drain, let cool and peel them. Separate whites from yolks. Set aside;
- Open cans with tuna fish, drain liquid from the fish, put it in a bowl;
- Rinse and clean green onion, separate whites from green part, finely chop them set aside in separate bowls;
- Get a nice size serving plate.
- Grate potatoes on medium/large slots, arrange them into even layer, season with salt and pepper and add a bit of mayonnaise:
- Place an even layer of tuna on the top and add a bit of mayonnaise on top:
- On small slots grate egg whites, make an even layer, season with salt and add a bit of mayonnaise:
- Next come carrots. Grate boiled carrots on large slots:
- On top of carrot layer grade Mozzarella cheese on large slots, make it even. Add a bit of mayonnaise.
- For the final layer, grate egg yolks on small slots. Try to cover entire plate evenly.
- Make a border on the sides with finely chopped green onions.
- Decorate plate with dill springs.