★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 c
- minced sweet onion
- splash of lemon juice
- (5-6 oz.) cans albacore tuna, drained
- (15 oz.) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- few splashes of tobasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh ground black pepper (i like more)
- salt to taste
- olive oil for moisture consistency
How to Make I Have Seen The Lite/Light: Black-eyed Pea Tuna Salad
- 1In a small bowl, sprinkle the lemon juice over the minced onion while you prepare the other ingredients. The lemon juice will take away the oniony edge.
Drain the tuna and place into a large bowl. Add the black-eyed peas and gently stir. Add onions, black pepper, salt, and Tabasco sauce. Drizzle with olive oil to add the moisture consistency that you prefer.
Serve on crackers, toasted bread, or be creative.
I can picture this salad placed on sliced tomatoes, stuffed inside a half of yellow or green pepper, or along-side a lettuce salad. Many options with this recipe. And LITE it is....