Easy Microwave Salad Dressing
How to Make Easy Microwave Salad Dressing
- 1Mix flour, sugar, salt and dry mustard in a Large casserole. Slowly stir in the milk. Microwave on 100% for 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes - stirring every minute until the mixture thickens.
- 2Slowly stir half the hot mixture into the egg yolk then blend this into the remaining hot mixture. Microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minuts, stirring ever 30 seconds - the mixture will start to thicken.
- 3Stir in the vinegar and the butter - let the mixture cool then store in the refridgerator.
- 4Here are some variations to turn your salad into something special - BLUE CHEESE DRESSING: While mixture is hot stir 70gr crumbled blue cheese, 3ml Worcesterchire sauce and 50ml cream - mix well.
- 5HERBED DRESSING: While mixture is still warm add chopped fresh herbs of your choice - such as parsley, dill and thyme or parsley, tarragon and spring onions. Mix well into dressing and refridgerate.
- 61000 ISLAND DRESSING: To the cooled Dressing add 60ml Tomato Sauce (ketchup), 2 small finely chopped gherkins, 30ml chopped onion, 1 chopped hard boiled egg, 5ml Sugar and 5ml white vinegar. Mix well and refridgerate - this is a tangy dressing!
NOTE: YOU CAN DOUBLE THE QUANTITY