DIVA DIABETIC'S LEMONY SEARED TUNA SALAD
2 largetuna steaks
2 Tbspherbs de provence
6 Tbspolive oil
1 pkgpackage of pre-washed salad greens
6 slicesun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 Tbspchopped flat-leaf italian parsley
2 Tbspchopped scallions, for garnish
1 tspsalt and pepper
How to Make DIVA DIABETIC'S LEMONY SEARED TUNA SALAD
- Grate or miroplane the rinds of both lemons, and toss in a small bowl with two tablespoon of olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoons of salt, pepper and Herbs de Provence. Rub the mixture on both sides of each tuna steak.
- Grill, or sear (in a non-stick skillet) the tuna, 3-4 minutes per each side. Be careful not to overcook- you want the steaks to be pink in the center and lightly browned on each side. Remove the steaks and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the salad greens, sundried tomatoes, and chopped parsley.
- In a small bowl, slice the lemons in half and squeeze the juice. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, and the rest of the salt and pepper. Whisk to blend completely. Pour half of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat completely.
- Thinly slice the steaks on an angle, and arrange on top of the salad; drizzle the rest of the dressing over the tuna. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve up!