Cold Tuna Salad with Pasta
- 2 oz
- whole grain pasta shells
- 2 can(s)
- tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1 Tbsp
- onion flakes, dehydrated
- 1 1/3 c
- peas, frozen
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 c
- light mayonnaise
- 1/2 c
- cheese, shredded, fat free
How to Make Cold Tuna Salad with Pasta
- 1Boil pasta and rinse in cold water.
- 2Drain cans of tuna and place in bowl with lid.
- 3Combine the two: pasta and tuna.
- 4Re-hydrate minced onion flakes with 2 T. warm water.
- 5While onion is re-hydrating, place frozen peas in a microwave safe bowl with 1/3 c. water. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Rinse peas in cold water and add to pasta and tuna mixture.
- 6Add the shredded cheese.
- 7Strain any excess liquid off the onion and add along with the black pepper to mixture.
- 8Add mayonnaise last and stir thoroughly. Cover and let chill in refrigerator. Makes 5 generous 1/2 cup servings.
- 9I will usually scoop a 1/2 cup onto a large lettuce leaf, but it is also good served with crackers.