Pam's Deli Style Creamy Tuna Salad
Tuna salad sandwiches I made at home never tasted the same as the ones from a deli or sandwich shop. It seems like such simple ingredients, why do they taste different? So I began experimenting. This is my version.
How to Make Pam's Deli Style Creamy Tuna Salad
- NOTE: The large can of tuna is important instead of 2 or 3 smaller cans. The large cans give you a large piece of tuna instead of the smaller stuff and this has a better taste.
- Drain the tuna in a colander. Rinse with cool water and drain again, squeezing out any excess moisture.
- Place the celery, onion and carrot in a food processor and pulse until minced.
- Add the tuna, mayonnaise and butter. Pulse until mixed but don't make a paste out of it.
- Chill before serving.
- Variations: This is the basic recipe. From here you can add bread and butter pickles or dill pickles. Use the real thing, not relish. Caper are an excellent addition as well. Some shops add a hard boiled egg.