Potato Salad With Pancetta, Rosemary, and Lemon
- 5 oz
- pancetta, 1/8-inch-thick slices (italian bacon, about 5 slices)
- 1/4 c
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- minced fresh rosemary (less if using dried)
- 2 tsp
- finely grated lemon peel (optional if your not a lemon lover)
- garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 c
- olive oil (use more or less if you like)
- 1 tsp
- salt (or to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp
- pepper (or to your taste)
- 3 lb
- yukon gold potatoes
- 3 large
- celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Potato Salad With Pancetta, Rosemary, and Lemon
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Arrange pancetta slices on rimmed baking sheet, spacing apart. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes, watching carefully (do not turn). Drain on paper towels. Cool. Coarsely chop pancetta.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, rosemary, lemon peel, and garlic in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Place potatoes in large pot. Add enough cold, salted, water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium. Simmer with lid ajar until tender, 18 to 25 minutes, depending on size of potatoes. Drain; let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
- 4Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices (remove skin, if desired). Place in large bowl; add celery. Drizzle dressing over; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until cold, at least 2 hours.
- 5DO AHEAD: Pancetta and potato salad can be made 1 day ahead. Cover pancetta; chill. Keep potato salad chilled. Bring pancetta to room temperature before continuing.
- 6Sprinkle pancetta and chopped parsley over potato salad.