Hawaiian Potato and Macaroni Salad
My family (Ohana) all love this, and request it often. I usually double the ingredients because it goes really fast!
- 4 large
- red and/or gold potatoes, cooked til tender, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 c
- cooked shell or elbow macaroni, about 1-1/2 cup macaroni cooked til tender
- 1/4 c
- red onion, finely chopped
- 7 large
- eggs, hard cooked and chopped
- 1 c
- frozen green peas, defrosted
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, finely chopped
- 2 large
- carrots, grated
- 3 Tbsp
- sweet pickle relish
- 2 c
- mayonnaise (i prefer helman's)
- 2 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
How to Make Hawaiian Potato and Macaroni Salad
- 1In large bowl, toss together potatoes and next 8 ingredients; set aside.
- 2In small bowl, mix mayo, cider vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, salt & pepper, and cayenne if desired.
- 3Lightly toss with the potato and macaroni mixture.
- 4Refrigerate over night,or for a minimum of 4 hours. Taste, and adjust seasoning if needed. Some brands of mayonnaise will seem to soak into the potatoes and macaroni overnight, so be prepared to make up another batch of the sauce if it seems too dry after refrigeration, so adjust as needed.