Basil Lemon Potato Salad
Just a tip:
Try and make sure the ingredients for the dressing are at room temperature. This will help them mix together more smoothly and more quickly. :)
- 2 bag(s)
- small potatoes
- lemons, juiced
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 c
- real mayo (hellmann's or best foods west of the rockies.)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- pesto (pre-made is fine, or you can make your own)
- chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 c
- pine nuts (optional)
How to Make Basil Lemon Potato Salad
- 1Boil potatoes in lightly salted water until fork tender. Drain, cut in half, then place in a bowl.
- 2Toast pine nuts in a skillet over low heat until just lightly golden. Remove from heat.
- 3Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, mayonnaise, salt & pepper, and pesto until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as you'd like.
- 4Pour half the dressing over the potatoes and toss to combine. Add more dressing to taste.
- 5Cover and refrigerate the potato salad for a few hours. To serve, sprinkle lots of the chopped basil leaves over the top.