Shonni's Macaroni Salad
My friends request this salad at every gathering!
- 1 lb
- elbow pasta, cooked according to package directions and well drained
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- sweet lime pepper marinade & seasoning (if you can't find this in spice aisle, use equal parts salt, pepper, sugar and lime rind to make your blend - just as good!)
- 4 Tbsp
- seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 large
- bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, diced
- 2 large
- carrots, diced
- 1 can(s)
- water chestnuts, drained, rinsed and diced
- 1/2 c
- crumbled cheddar and monterey jack cheese
How to Make Shonni's Macaroni Salad
- 1In large bowl, mix mayonnaise, lime-pepper seasoning, and rice vinegar together. Consistency should be similar to blue cheese dressing - thick, but not as thick as mayo. Taste. Should be a little sweet - if not sweet enough, add a little table sugar. Mix well.
- 2Dice all veggies (approx. ½”) and add to dressing mixture. Add pasta - mix well. Add cheese - mix well and chill.