Rachelle's Never Dry Pasta Salad
1 boxtri colored rotini
1 bottlekraft fat free house italian dressing
1 Tbsppenzey's italian dressing seasoning (or a packet of italian dressing seasoning)
4 ozextra sharp cheddar cheese (cubed)
4 ozdry mozzerella cheese (cubed)
1/2medium sized onion (minced)
1/4green bell pepper (minced)
1/4red bell pepper (minced)
1 can(s)sliced black olives
1/2 cparmigiano-reggiano, grated
How to Make Rachelle's Never Dry Pasta Salad
- Chop all vegetables and cheeses as described on ingredients list
- Cook pasta according to box directions(I actually slightly over cook my pasta for pasta salad it tends to soak up the flavors a little better)
- Drain pasta. Remove about a cup of the hot pasta and place in large glass bowl. Place all vegetables on top of hot pasta and cover.
- While the hot pasta is bringing out the flavors in the vegetables rinse the remaining pasta in cool water until the temperature of the pasta is cool to the touch.
- Combine cool pasta with hot pasta and vegetables in the large glass bowl. Toss
- Add the olives, Italian dressing seasoning and half a bottle of Italian dressing. Toss
- Add cubed cheese and Parmesan cheese along with 1/2 of the remaining Italian dressing. Toss. Place covered in refrigerator.
- Once the salad is cold add the remaining Italian dressing and serve.