Club Med Chicken Salad
- 16 oz
- penne rigate pasta (or similar pasta your choice of regular or whole wheat)
- 2/3 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 clove
- red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 pt
- cherry tomatoes, or similar, cut in half
- 6 1/2 oz
- artichoke hearts (not marinated)
- 1/2 c
- raisins (can substitute yellow raisins or currants)
- 1/2 c
- kalamata olives (or similar imported olives)
- 3 Tbsp
- 3 c
- cooked chicken, cooled and diced (we used leftover grilled chicken breasts)
- cheese, freshly grated or crumbled (read recipe intro) (optional)
How to Make Club Med Chicken Salad
- 1Prepare pasta according to the package directions. Drain then rinse immediately with cold water. Drain again.
- 2In a small non-reactive bowl whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
- 3In a large non-metallic bowl combine the drained pasta with the (cherry) tomatoes, artichoke hearts, raisins, olives, capers, cooked chicken. Stir in the dressing and toss to combine.
- 4Cover and refrigerate salad for 30 minutes.