- 1 can(s)
- chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2-4 Tbsp
- mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 rib
- celery, chopped
- chopped onion to taste (i cut off about 1/2" piece and minced it)
- pickle (or more, if you like) chopped
How to Make Vegetarian "tuna" salad
- 1Mash the rinsed chickpeas to coarse consistency. I used a potato masher.
- 2Add all the other ingredients and season to taste -- I didn't add anything else, but you could add s/p, garlic, Old Bay, lemon pepper, hot sauce, or anything else you'd put in a tuna salad. Mix well.
- 3Serve on its own, or in a sandwich, or over a bed of lettuce.