☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cwild honey
1 cdijon mustard
1/2 colive oil
3 Tbspfreshly squeezed lemon juice
66 oz salmon filets, skinned and deboned
1/2 tspsea salt
1 tspwhite pepper
3 chazelnuts, measured then finely ground
1 ctoasted hazelnuts, chopped
·olive oil for cooking
12 cmixed salad greens
1 ptgrape tomatoes
1 can(s)mandarin orange segments, drained and chopped
How to Make Toasted Hazelnut Salmon Salad
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Remove 1/3 cup, set the other 2/3 cup aside.
- Using a brush lightly coat salmon filets, then press into ground hazelnuts-I like doing this part in a pie tin.
- Repeat until all salmon filets are prepared.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large, oven safe skillet.
- Over medium heat lightly brown salmon filets, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place skillet (with filets) in preheated oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile place 2 cups of salad greens on each of 6 plates.
- Divide tomatoes and chopped oranges evenly between plates.
- Remove filets from oven, place one on each bed of prepared greens.
- Evenly divide remaining 1 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts.
- Whisk the reserved dressing, drizzle over salads.