- hard boiled egg yolks
- 1/2 lb
- bacon (i prefer peppered), diced (about 5 slices)
- 2 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 box
- organic baby spinach greens, the smaller box
- 1 box
- organic mushrooms, washed and sliced
- scallions, chopped with greens
- egg whites of those hard boiled eggs, chopped.
How to Make Spinach Salad
- 1Cook bacon pieces in a medium sauce pan over medium heat till crispy. With a slotted spoon remove all the bacon pieces to a paper towel, to drain. Turn off heat and allow to slightly cool. Sieve egg yolks into bacon fat, add red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and seasonings. This is where you can get creative; taste dressing, if it's too tart for you add more lemon juice, if you like it more tart add more red wine vinegar.
- 2Meanwhile, assemble spinach, mushrooms, scallions, chopped egg whites, and bacon bits, toss lightly. Serve with the warm bacon dressing, allowing guests to pour their own amount of dressing.
- 3Note: this pairs well with my Manicotti or Fettuccine recipes. Pass the garlic bread and wine!