Southern Summer Cucumber Salad
- large pickling cucumbers (peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cut slices)
- large vidallia onion ( quartered and then thinly sliced)
- multi colored gypsy peppers ( halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 c
- white vinegar
- 1 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 c
- cold water
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- fresh dill ( finely chopped/optional)
How to Make Southern Summer Cucumber Salad
- 1Prepare all veggies as above. Mix all together in a large lidded plastic or otherwise container.
- 2Mix vinegar, sugar, and water together. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved, or allow to sit and stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Pour the liquid over your veggies and mix well. Add finely minced dill to the mixture and stir lightly if you choose to use the dill. ( I love dill and use it in mine, but not everyone likes dill as much as I do ) ;)
- 4Refrigerate covered for at least 3 hours, stirring occasionally, to allow the flavors to mix and the veggies to marinate. When ready, serve using a slotted spoon, and sprinkle black pepper on top per individual taste. So fresh, so cool, YUM!