How to Make Fresh Beet Harvest Salad
- 1Wash your beets until they are clean. Remove any of the green stem section. Poke tiny holes on each beet. Place in a deep baking dish (the beet juice will run off a cookie sheet). Coat with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and bake in an oven of 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until the largest beet is soft enough for a knife or fork to pierce it.
- 2While the beets are baking make your dressing and place in the refrigerator. I used 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar and a 1/4 cup of a pre made balsamic dressing.
- 3Let the beets cool until you can touch them. Peel the beets and dice into bite size cubes
- 4Peel the apples Cut into wedges and cut the wedges into 3 chunks
- 5Clean and slice the strawberries bite size slices. NOT TOO THIN
- 6Chop up candied nuts
- 7Mix everything together and toss with dressing
I toss mine lightly as I don't like a heavy dressing however mix to your liking