Chickpea and brown rice salad
How to Make Chickpea and brown rice salad
- 1Soak chickpeas for 20 hours, then drain and sprout in a colander for 30 hours, rinsing it 3 times per day.
- 2When you start sprouting the chickpeas, start soaking the brown rice 24 hours, changing the water after 12 hours. After 24 hours of soaking, change water again and add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the soaking water. Let stand until the chickpeas are ready to use.
- 3Drain and thoroughly wash rice, and rinse chickpeas well again.
- 4Cook chickpeas like you would normally cook dried chickpeas - just keep attention because the cook time of sprouted legumes is shorter.
- 5Cook rice with 1 1/2 cups water, 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook time is different in different kinds of brown rice, so look at the package directions.
- 6Let cool cooked chickpeas and rice.
- 7Meanwhile heat some olive oil in a skillet, chop the zucchini and mince the garlic, and fry zucchini and garlic until nicely browned, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Combine tahini and miso.
- 9Assemble rice, chickpeas, fried zucchini and miso dressing in a bowl (the zucchini may be warm). Serve on green salad.