Cauliflower Salad (or Mock Potato Salad)
Diane Hopson Smith
I don't think you will miss the potato salad!
Hope you enjoy!
- head of cauliflower, cleaned and chopped coarsely
- 1/4 c
- water (to steam cauliflower)
- boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery, sliced
- 1/2 small
- onion, chopped
- 2 to 3
- green onions, sliced ( you can use the whites but if you do, eliminate the chopped onion)
- 1/2 c
- mayonnaise (may need add'l)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- yellow mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp
- dill weed (add'l to sprinkle on top)
How to Make Cauliflower Salad (or Mock Potato Salad)
- 1Place coarsely chopped cauliflower in a microwave safe dish; add 1/4 cup of water and cover dish. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and allow cauliflower to sit for about 5 minutes. Cauliflower will still be slightly crunchy. Drain off excess liquid. I put paper towels in a strainer and let the liquids drain for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add eggs, celery and onion; toss. Add mayo (about 1/2 cup) and a couple of tablespoons of mustard. Add seasoning to taste and stir to combine, if to dry add additional mayo.
NOTE: I used about 1/8 tsp dill weed in the salad and then sprinkled a very small amount on top.