Avocado Salad (Ensalada De Aguacate)
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c
- red wine vinegar
- florida avocados (about 1 pound total) or 2 hass avocadoes, sliced (about 1 pound total)
- 1 Tbsp
- highest-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
How to Make Avocado Salad (Ensalada De Aguacate)
- 1MARINATE THE ONION:.
Place the onion slices and vinegar in a resealable plastic bag, press out as much air as possible, and close the bag.
- 2Alternatively, place the onion and vinegar in a small bowl and put a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ingredients so that the onion slices remain submerged in the vinegar.
- 3Allow the onion to marinate for at least 30 minutes. A couple of hours is better
- 4ASSEMBLE SALAD:.
Reserve a few tablespoons of the vinegar used to marinate the onion before draining the onion slices and setting aside.
- 5Place the avocado slices on a serving platter and top with the red onion slices.
- 6Drizzle the oil and reserved red wine vinegar over the salad and season with salt and pepper to taste.