☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cpineapple juice
6 ozstrawberry jell-o gelatin
2 pkg(10 oz each) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
1 cchopped nuts (i have always used pecans)
2 1/2 cbroken or crushed pretzels, enough to cover bottom of 9x13" pan
1 stickbutter or margarine
1 1/4 cpowdered sugar
12 ozcream cheese, room temperature
8 ozcool whip
How to Make Strawberry Pretzel Delight
- Bring pineapple juice to a boil. Add Jell-O and stir until Jell-O is completely dissolved.
- Cool Jell-O until slightly thickened and add strawberries and chopped nuts. Refrigerate.
- Melt butter in 400°F. oven in 9X13" pan. Mix broken (or crushed) pretzels in melted butter, spread to cover pan bottom, and bake 10 minutes. Cool.
- Mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Spread over cooled pretzels.
- Spread Cool Whip over cream cheese layer.
- Top with slightly thickened Jell-O mixture. Refrigerate until fully set.
- May add more Cool Whip over Jell-O layer, if desired.
- Note: Although not included in original recipe, I like to add well drained crushed pineapple and thinly sliced bananas to the strawberries in the Jell-O layer.