Cherry Dr. Pepper Jello Squares
The infamous soda Jell-O finally made it back on the list. We got home, finished the mountain of laundry, and did some grocery shopping. A 2 liter of Dr. Pepper and 4 boxes of Jell-O were part of that grocery trip. I was so excited for the Jell-O that I made it the very next day. Cherry Jell-O and cherry Dr. Pepper topped with Cool Whip and a cherry make a fun summer treat to share at any picnic.
- 2 1/2 c
- cherry dr. pepper
- 4 box
- (3 oz. each) cherry jello
- cool whip
- maraschino cherries with stems
How to Make Cherry Dr. Pepper Jello Squares
- 1Place the Dr. Pepper in a large saucepan and heat over medium - high heat until it starts to boil.
- 2Remove from the heat and stir in all the Jell-O packets until completely dissolved.
- 3Spray an 8x8 pan with non stick spray and wipe out with a paper towel.
- 4Pour the hot Jell-O into the pan and refrigerate until completely set.
- 5Cut into 36 squares and remove with a spatula.
- 6Top with Cool Whip and a cherry.
- 7Keep refrigerated in a sealed container.
Make sure to watch the Dr. Pepper when heating because it heats very quickly. It will bubble the entire time it is heating up, but wait until you see the bigger bubbles to remove it from the heat.
- 9Cut your Jell-O into squares using a hot knife. Run the knife under hot water and dry it off. This works for any dessert that you want to cut into a nice clean slice.