3 Layer Orange Jello Salad
This recipe was in a cookbook I got for Christmas in 1974. Whenever we plan a family dinner, my cousin will always say, "And Lane will bring the Orange Jello Salad"! It's not 'diet food' so I save it for special occasions. Could also be used as a dessert.
1 boxorange jello
1 can(s)8oz crushed pineapple, drained, save juice
1 can(s)15oz fruit cocktail, in syrup, drained, save juice
1 box8oz cream cheese, softened
18oz tub cool whip
1 1/2 csugar
4eggs, well beaten
3 Tbsplemon juice
2 csaved fruit juices. add water as needed to make 2 cups.
1/2 cpecans, toasted and chopped, for garnish
How to Make 3 Layer Orange Jello Salad
- Make jello according to package directions minus 1/4 cup water.
- Add drained pineapple and fruit cocktail. Mix evenly. Pour in 9x13 glass pan.
- Put in fridge till set.
- Next mix softened cream cheese and Cool Whip.
- Spread over Jello. Put back in fridge.
- Mix sugar and flour, add eggs, lemon juice and 2 cups saved fruit juices. Add water as needed to make 2 cups.
- Cook over med high heat, stirring constantly, till thickened, COOL, spread over Cool Whip layer.
- Garnish with toasted, chopped pecans. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours before serving.