L'Hass B'Limmoun Wa Tmar
- romaine lettuce or similar lettuce (about 6 cups)
- 2 sweet oranges
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice (meyer lemon when available and *not* reconstituted!)
- 2 tsp
- sugar, to taste
- dried dates, pitted and finely diced
- 3 Tbsp
- green onions (optional)
- 4 Tbsp
- chopped walnuts, toasted or raw
How to Make L'Hass B'Limmoun Wa Tmar
- 1Wash the romaine lettuce leaves, spin dry in a salad spinner and arrange on 4 salad plates. Set aside.
- 2Juice (1) of the oranges. In a small, non-reactive bowl combine the orange juice, (Meyer) lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon. Whisk.
- 3Remove the rind from the other orange and cut into slices. Arrange the orange slices on the romaine leaves. Place the diced dates on top of the salad.
- 4Scatter the green onion and nuts on the salad. Sprinkle the dressing over the greens and serve immediately.