Honey Pecan & Goat Cheese Salad
1/2 cchopped pecans
2 Tbsphoney, divided
1/2 colive oil, divided
2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
1/4 tspblack pepper
3/4 cseasoned bread crumbs
8 ozsoft goat cheese
4 cmixed spring greens
How to Make Honey Pecan & Goat Cheese Salad
- In a small saute pan, combine pecans and 2 teaspoons honey. Saute for 1 minute then cool.
- For dressing; in a small bowl, whisk 1/3 cup oil, vinegar, remaining honey, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place the flour, egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Shape cheese into eight balls; flatten slightly.
- Coat cheese with flour, then dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-hight heat. Fry cheese for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Divide salad greens among four plates; top with cheese. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with honey pecans.