Redneck Watermelon Summer Salad
My cousin shared this recipe with me. Oh My Gosh, everywhere I take it, it's a really big hit! Just trust me on this one.
1 box6 oz. strawberry gelatin
1 cboiling water
1 ccold water
3 cchopped watermelon in small pieces, remove seeds
1 can(s)8 oz. crushed pineapple in juice, not drained
1 ccoarsley chopped pecans. some nuts can be added to the gelatin, if desired, but i prefer to add them all to the top of the finished dish.
1 pkg8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cwhole milk
1 pkg8 oz (small) cool whip topping
How to Make Redneck Watermelon Summer Salad
- 1. Combine gelatin & boiling water in a medium heatproof bowl. Stir until gelatin is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add cold water & mix well. Chill in refrigerator until partially set, about 55 minutes.
- 2. Add chopped watermelon, un-drained pineapple to gelatin mixture & mix well. If you wish, some nuts can be added also. I prefer to put all the nuts on top of the finished dish. Spoon into 13x9 inch dish. Chill until set, about 1 hr.
- 3. Place softened cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light & fluffy.
- 4. Add milk & sugar to cream cheese & beat until the mixture is smooth.
- 5. Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Spread evenly over gelatin mixture.
- 6. Sprinkle with pecans. Chill covered until serving time. Can be made the day before.