Maurine's Pineapple pretzel fluff
Maurine Orton's special recipe note: "Remember, if I'm going to be present you cannot bring this salad. It is one of the few that is easy and makes me look like suzy homemaker."
Excellent side..Is it a dessert or a salad? It is soooo good with the crunchy pretzels..No one can figure out what is is in this salad including me...Hard to stop eating this..
- 1 c
- coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- sugar (divided)
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softned
- 1 can(s)
- (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- (12 oz) container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Maurine's Pineapple pretzel fluff
- 1In a small bowl, combine the crushed pretzels, butter and 1/2 cup of sugar. Press into a 13" x 9" baking pan. This will barely cover the bottom.
- 2Bake at 400 degrees for 6 to 7 minutes. Cool. Break pretzel mixture into small pieces. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup sugar until creamy. Fold in Pineapple and whipped cream topping.
Chill until serving.
- 4Just before serving, stir pretzel pieces into pineapple mixture.