Fruit Salad - Ambrosia Style
2 can(s)(8 oz cans)mandarin oranges, drained
1 can(s)(16 ounce can)pineapple tidbits, drained
3-4 largebananas, sliced
1 bag(s)(12 oz bag)miniature marshmallows
16 ozcontainer of sour cream
1 jar(s)( 6 oz jar) maraschino cherries, sliced and drained (optional)
·shredded coconut, to taste (optional)
How to Make Fruit Salad - Ambrosia Style
- Drain all cans of fruit. (My mother always saved some of the pineapple juice to add if it is too dry after chilling)
- In a large bowl add drained fruit, marshmallows, sour cream and coconut if using. Mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, overnight if possible. This allows the juices to blend with the marshmallows and sour cream.
- One hour before serving, slice bananas and add to rest of the fruit, stir to combine.
- If it seems to dry add a little more sour cream(or some of the fruit juice if you saved it).