Fruit Salad - Ambrosia Style
- 2 can(s)
- (8 oz cans)mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can(s)
- (16 ounce can)pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3-4 large
- bananas, sliced
- 1 bag(s)
- (12 oz bag)miniature marshmallows
- 16 oz
- container of sour cream
- 1 jar(s)
- ( 6 oz jar) maraschino cherries, sliced and drained (optional)
- shredded coconut, to taste (optional)
How to Make Fruit Salad - Ambrosia Style
- 1Drain all cans of fruit. (My mother always saved some of the pineapple juice to add if it is too dry after chilling)
- 2In a large bowl add drained fruit, marshmallows, sour cream and coconut if using. Mix well to combine.
- 3Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, overnight if possible. This allows the juices to blend with the marshmallows and sour cream.
- 4One hour before serving, slice bananas and add to rest of the fruit, stir to combine.
- 5If it seems to dry add a little more sour cream(or some of the fruit juice if you saved it).