Open Faced Birdie & Parsnips Grape Salad
This quick and easy dish is a fruity chicken salad (purchased from the deli) served on top of a sweet, light and crispy cornbread waffle.
Sure to please at your next brunch or luncheon.
Hope you enjoy!
211 oz containers of premium chunky chicken salad with grapes, from deli
PARSNIP PECAN CORNBREAD WAFFLES
1(8.5-oz) pkg jiffy corn muffin mix or corn muffin mix you prefer
1 largeegg, plus 1 egg white
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1/4 cplus 2 tbsp milk
1/4 cplus 2 tbsp club soda
1/4 ctoasted pecans, coarsely chopped
1/4 cparsnip, grated
·fruit for garnish, optional
How to Make Open Faced Birdie & Parsnips Grape Salad
- If you can't find a chicken salad with grapes already in it, you can simply add grapes.
- Heat waffle iron.
- Put cornbread mix in medium size mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg white until it forms a nice meduim stiff peak; set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to cornbread mix (except for the egg white) and blend. Batter will be lumpy. Fold in egg white.
- Spray waffle iron with PAM. Add about 2 ice cream scoops of batter per waffle. (NOT a heaping spoonful). This will make smaller odd shaped (kinda round) waffles. If you like a solid round or square waffle by all means add enough batter to the waffle iron to make them.
- Cook in iron until they stop steaming, remove and top with chicken salad. Garnish plate with fruits of your liking. Enjoy!
- NOTE: I used a Krups Belgium Waffle Iron. You could certainly use a regular waffle iron, the waffle would only be thinner and you could probably make double what I made with the Belgian Waffle Iron.