Mexican Chicken Salad
1 (12 oz.) can(s)chicken. don't drain
12 (6 inchflour tortillas
1 Tbsppicante sauce
1 mediumtomato, diced
2 cshredded green leaf lettuce
1 Tbsponion, diced
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Mexican Chicken Salad
- Cut tortillas into 1/2 inch strips.
- Heat oil in skillet until hot but not smoking.
- Fry tortilla strips until crisp and golden. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Mix together chicken, onion, parsley, tomato and picante sauce.
- Place in skillet and heat through.
- To assemble: Place 1/4 of the tortilla strips on a plate.
- Cover with 1/2 c lettuce.
- Top that with 1/4 of the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/8 cup cheese.