Tarheel Tater Salad
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 1/2 lb
- clean, scrubbed new red potatoes
- 6 large
- eggs, hard boiled
- 1 lb
- 1 large
- vadalia onion (finely chopped)
- celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 3/4 c
- mayonnaise (or amount desired)
- 1/2 c
- sour cream (or amount desired)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
How to Make Tarheel Tater Salad
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and set in the refrigerator to cool.
- 2Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- 3Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 4Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving skin on. Add to a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Chill for an hour before serving.