Sweet and Spicy Potato Salad
6medium red potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 csweet onion, chopped
1 Tbspreal bacon bits
1 Tbspolive oil
1 clovegarlic, minced
2 1/3 Tbspsweet and hot mustard
1 Tbsplight mayonnaise
1 tspred wine vinegar
1/2 tspdried parsley
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Sweet and Spicy Potato Salad
- Cut potatoes into quarters and boil until soft but firm. (can peel or not, depending on preference.) Cool slightly and cut into chunks.
- In the meantime, heat oil and bacon bits in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until it just starts to get soft. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir the onion mix into the potatoes and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the mustard (like Koop's Arizona Heat), mayo and vinegar in a small bowl. Add mustard dressing and parsley to the potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be served at room temperature or chilled.