Super-Simple Picnic Potato Salad
- 1 (32) oz
- frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 c
- chopped celery
- 1/3 c
- chopped onions or chopped green onions
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 c
- half n half, or till smooth when adding to mayo and sour cream
How to Make Super-Simple Picnic Potato Salad
- 1In ungreased 3-quart microwavable bowl, mix frozen potatoes and water; spread evenly in bowl. Cover tightly with microwable plastic wrap. Microwave on High 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are hot and tender, stirring once halfway through cooking. Add vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to hot potatoes; mix well. Spread evenly in bowl. Cover; refrigerat at least 5 hours or until completely cold.
- 2Meanwhile in 2-quart saucepan, place eggs in single layer. Add enough water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Heat to boiling. Immediately remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water. Place egg in bowl of ice water; let stand 10 minutes. Drain. Peel eggs. Reserve 1 egg for garnish ; chop remaining 4 eggs.
- 3Stir mayonnaise, sour cream and half n half. Pour over potatoe mixture and add celery, onion and chopped eggs; toss gently to mix. Spoon mixture into large serving bowl. Slice reserved hard-cooked egg; arrange on top of salad. Serve immediatley or cover and refrigerat until serving time.