★★★★★ 1 vote5
- medium potatoes (yukon gold or reds)
- hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 c
- chopped red bell pepper
- green onions, chopped
- 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 1-2 dash(es)
- tabasco sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp
- sweet pickle relish
- 1 or 2 medium
- roasted, peeled and chopped mexican peppers
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp
- paprika, plus sprinkling for top
How to Make Sal's Southwest Potato Salad
- 1While potatoes and eggs are boiling, prepare the other ingredients.
- 2When eggs are finished cooking, put into cold water, then peel.
- 3In a large bowl, coarsly mash the eggs and add the other ingredients. Stir all together. Mixture should be creamy, add more mayonaise if necessary.
- 4When the potatoes are finished cooking place in cold water to cool them down a bit. You can leave the skins on or remove if desired.
- 5Cut the potatoes in to cubes and add to the other ingredients, stirring all together gently. Sprinkle with paprika and place in refrigerator until ready to eat.