Red Potato Salad with Real Bacon
- 5 lb pkg
- red potatoes
- 1 lb pkg
- bacon (any kind/flavor)
- 8 large
- 1 large
- red onion
- adodo criollo sin pimienta seasoning
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- mayonnaise (any kind)
- 1/2 tsp
- yellow mustard
How to Make Red Potato Salad with Real Bacon
- 1Cut potatoes into bite size pieces with the skin still on them..Boil them till your desire tenderness.
- 2Fry the Bacon till just done..lay on paper towel to absorb grease then break it apart into pieces to put into the potato salad...Be sure to reserve the bacon grease.
- 3Take your onion and saute it in the desired amount of reserved bacon grease you want to use..about 4 tablespoons.
- 4Boil eggs..
- 5Once you've prepared all the above ingredients your ready now to combine/mix it together...
Take half of the potatoes put into large bowl, add 1/2 the eggs cut up, half the onions with grease it was sauteed in, half the bacon pieces, add yellow mustard just a very little 1/2 teaspoon for flavor, add as much mayo as you desire when mixing..then add garlic powder, Adobo seasoning (more of this is what makes it taste so good), black pepper all to satify your taste..For your taste you need to taste it as you go along..Then take the other half that's left and repeat the same steps..doing half at a time makes it easier to mix..then combine both halves together and mix..put into a very large sealed container in the frig for at least 4-5 hours to chill really good and then serve..you can serve it warm if you like..the longer it sits in the frig the better it taste, especially the next day..ENJOY !!..WELL WORTH THE WORK TO MAKE IT..:o)