Potato and Spinach Salad
- 3 medium
- red potatoes
- water to cover, salted
- 1 c
- fresh baby spinach, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 c
- water, lightly salted
- 3 slice
- bacon, chopped
- hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 c
- red onion, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/2 c
- roasted red pepper italian with parmesan dressing
- fresh ground black pepper
How to Make Potato and Spinach Salad
- 1Scrub potatoes and place in medium size pot. Add enough water to cover and season with salt. Bring to a boil uncovered and simmer 35 to 40 minutes until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- 2Meanwhile in a small saute pan, bring the 1/3 cup water to a boil and blanch the spinach just to wilt. Drain and set aside to cool. Wipe the pan dry with paper towels and heat over medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 3Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes, place in medium size bowl. Grate the eggs right on top of the potatoes. Chopped the spinach and add to the bowl along with the bacon. Toss salad with the dressing and season with fresh ground black pepper to taste.