Picnic Potato Salad
My recipe just uses a tiny bit of onion.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
7 mediumpotatoes (i prefer red)
7 largeeggs, hard boiled, chopped
1/2 tspbasil, dried
1/2 tspgarlic and herb seasoning
1/2 tsplawry's salt
2 tspsweet relish
9 Tbspmiracle whip dressing (heaping tablespoons)
2 Tbspsweet pickle juice
2 stalk(s)celery (chopped)
1/4 conion (chopped)
1 tspdry mustard
How to Make Picnic Potato Salad
- Lay eggs out on counter before boiling.
Place water in medium saucepan and add 1 tablespoon salt.
Bring to boil. Add eggs gently. Bring back to boil and boil for 18 minutes.
I prefer my eggs boiled this way. You are sure to get the centers done. Too many people boil their water and place eggs in and cover and sit. Doesn't always work that way.
- Wash potatoes with vegetable brush. Place potatoes (with skins on for added nutrition) in large kettle and cover with water. Cook over medium heat. Cook only until a fork goes in with a little difficulty. Do not cook until soft. Potato salad will turn to mush.
- Take eggs off of stove and drain water. Add cold water and a little bit more salt, let sit for a couple of minutes before placing in refrigerator to cool.
- When potatoes are done enough, take off stove and let cool just a little before placing in refrigerator to cool more.
I prefer my potatoes and eggs almost cold when I put the salad together.
- When cool, peel eggs and rinse in water to remove any leftover shells pieces. Cut lengthwise and sideways and then chop whites and yolks into half inch pieces. Placing in very large bowl. You need a large bowl so that you can turn all the ingredients together to mix. Leave one egg whole for the top of your creation.
- Take potatoes and cut lengthwise twice and sideways twice then into smaller pieces. Place in bowl.
- Rinse celery stalks and cut lengthwise into smaller pieces then chop sideways into smaller than bitesize pieces
- Chop onion into very small pieces. Onion can me omitted or more added depending on your tastes.
- Add all your seasonings, sweet pickle juice, sugar, and your Miracle Whip.
Gently fold. Some people prefer a tangier taste. Just add more Miracle Whip. A good cook will always taste their creation.
- Take your last egg and slice into round pieces, trying to get a bit of yolk in each slice. Place on top of potato salad. Some people will also garnish with Paprika