Old Fashioned Potato Salad
Ron White must have tried this salad and decided it was his favorite! (Remember his punch line joke~~ "They call me Tater Salad"!)
- medium potatoes, cooked
- 4 Tbsp
- evaporated milk (you may prefer 5 tablespoons)
- heaping tablespoons of blue plate mayonnaise
- 1 tsp
- eggs, boiled and peeled and diced
- medium fresh, 'white' onion, diced
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- hot water
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Old Fashioned Potato Salad
- 1Microwave a 1/2 cup of water til boiling; then, mix vinegar and water in bowl and add diced white onion, cover. (Allow the onion to steep for 30 minutes to an hour for pickling purposes.)
Cook your peeled potatoes in a pot of water til done. (Dont over cook them.) Cubed potatoes generally take approx 10 to 12 minutes to cook. Drain in a collander and allow the taters to cool before stirring.
In bowl, fold in mayonnaise, diced eggs and mustard and evaporated milk.
Drain and discard vinegar water from onion. Add pickled onion to the Mayonnaise Dressing. (Usually 30 minutes is sufficient timing for the pickling process to occur. You may test a piece of onion.)
Salt and Pepper to taste the mayonnaise salad dressing.
Place your potatoes in a large bowl; pour your old fashioned mayonnaise salad dressing on top and fold to coat your potatoes.
- 2So scrumptious and I am sure you will agree this savory potato salad was worth the extra time to steep your onion!
TIP~~ Do not use fat free evaporated milk; it has an adverse affect on your creamy dressing.