O'Brien Warm Potato Salad
6 mediumrusset potatoes, boiled in jackets, cooled, peeled, sliced/diced
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 mediumred bell pepper, chopped
1/3 colive oil
1/2 cchicken stock
3 Tbspcider vinegar
3/4 tspkosher salt
1/4 tspblack pepper
2 Tbspdijon mustard
2 largeeggs, beaten with 1 tbsp water
How to Make O'Brien Warm Potato Salad
- Have all ingredients measured and prepped before assembling.
- Heat the oil in a large saute/fry pan over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add the sliced/diced potatoes and stir coat. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add the stock, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook about 1-2 minutes. Liquid should absorb a bit.
- Add the honey and the mustard. Continue cooking about a minute.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir constantly until thickened. This should take about 2 minutes. The egg will scramble a bit. Make sure to stir during this step.
- Remove from heat to set for at least 15-20 minutes before serving warm with an entree. Check salt and pepper and adjust to taste. I liked it just the way it is without any additional. I really like beef with this.