O'Brien Warm Potato Salad
- 6 medium
- russet potatoes, boiled in jackets, cooled, peeled, sliced/diced
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 medium
- red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 c
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten with 1 tbsp water
How to Make O'Brien Warm Potato Salad
- 1Have all ingredients measured and prepped before assembling.
- 2Heat the oil in a large saute/fry pan over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook 4-5 minutes.
- 3Add the sliced/diced potatoes and stir coat. Cook about 1 minute.
- 4Add the stock, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook about 1-2 minutes. Liquid should absorb a bit.
- 5Add the honey and the mustard. Continue cooking about a minute.
- 6Add the beaten eggs and stir constantly until thickened. This should take about 2 minutes. The egg will scramble a bit. Make sure to stir during this step.
- 7Remove from heat to set for at least 15-20 minutes before serving warm with an entree. Check salt and pepper and adjust to taste. I liked it just the way it is without any additional. I really like beef with this.