Mother Hohman's Potato Salad
How to Make Mother Hohman's Potato Salad
- Boil potatoes in salted water with skins on until you can piece easily with a sharp knife. Depending on the size of the potato the boiling time will be 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the potatoes in the refrigerator until cold to your touch. (about an hour)
- While boiling the potatoes, mix the eggs, sugar, flour, mustard and vingar with a wire whisk until blended.
- Cook mixture ,stirring constantly, on medium heat until it comes to a full boil. Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator.
- Peel cooled potatoes and slice into pieces.
- Add portion of Miracle Whip (to taste) to cooked mixture . Mix well and add to potatoes. Reserve 1/2 cup to add just before serving. The mixture will soak into the potatoes and it is good to add that 1/2 cup right before serving to make it a little moist.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika and some finely chopped parsley for color. You may also add hard boiled eggs as a garnish. Enjoy!