Mom's Potato Salad
I am always asked to bring this to picnics and just brought a double batch to a baby shower luncheon.
- 2 1/2 lbs red potatoes (8 to 10 medium size)
- 3/4 cup green onion , sliced
- 3/4 cup green pepper, chopped small
- 3 to 4 ribs celery, sliced thinly
- 3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise (can use light)
- 3/4 to 1 cup sour cream (can use light)
- 1/2 jar sliced or chopped piemento
- 2 teaspoons lawrys seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
How to Make Mom's Potato Salad
- 1Wash potatoes and place in Lg. Pot w/lid. Add enough water to cover bottom potatoes about half way. I ususally have the larger potaotes on the bottom and a couple smaller ones on top.
- 2Medium high heat until water starts to boil- then lower heat to simmer, place lid askew to allow for steam to vent- about 45 minutes. Check every now and again that they aren't boiling and that there is still water at the bottom!!
- 3Pierce w/fork to check if done. If they pierce easily, remove from water and let cool on plate (can place in fridge when cool to touch) When cool, use sharp knife to remove skin. Then cut in half lengthwise, and cut those in half again to make 4 pieces. Slice into thin slices and place into large bowl.
- 4Add chopped veggies (prep them while potatoes are cooking and cooling) mix gently and then add Seasoned Salt and Pepper. Mix mayo and sour cream together til smooth, add and stir gently. Add chopped piemento and mix. Add a sprinkle of Seasoned Salt to top before serving. ENJOY!