Mashed Potato Salad
6 mediumpotatoes (2-1/2 lbs unpeeled potatoes)
1/3 cupsweet pickled relish (all ready chilled)
2 Tbspdiced onion
1/3 cupdiced celery
·salt & pepper, season according to taste
1 Tbsp5% white vinegar
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
1 cupsalad dressing (all ready chilled)
5 largeeggs, hard-boiled and chopped
How to Make Mashed Potato Salad
- Peel, cut, and cook potatoes as for making mashed potatoes.
- When done cooking, drain the potatoes well, and then mash them.
- To the mashed potatoes, add the relish, onion, celery, salt and pepper.
- In a medium size bowl mix the vinegar and sugar; mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the salad dressing to the vinegar/sugar mixture, and mix well.
- Pour the salad dressing mixture into the mashed potatoes, and mix thoroughly. (If the potatoes seem too dry, add more of the salad dressing.)
- Fold in the chopped eggs.
- Serve salad immediately while still warm, or serve it at room temp, or refrigerate the salad overnight, and serve it the next day.
- Note: One thing I wanted to mention... if you were to use already "chilled" relish, hard boiled eggs and salad dressing, it helps to cool down the heated mashed potatoes, so you can eat this potato salad once your done preparing it. We enjoy this salad served warm, at room temp, or even chilled and eaten the next day. Also, I found it only took me 1 hour to prepare this salad.