Ma Huck's Smokey Potato Salad
How to Make Ma Huck's Smokey Potato Salad
- Boil Potatoes and also boil one egg per potato until Hard cooked. Cool, then peel and cut up Potatoes into chunks and place in a large bowl. Cool eggs by running cold water over them. When cool enough to handle peel eggs, and use an egg slicer, to cut length wise, then turn egg, and cut cross wise to produce small chopped eggs.
- Sprinkle potatoes and eggs with salt, and lightly mix. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix by hand: Mayonnaise (real mayo, NOT reduced fat) Onion powder, liquid smoke, yellow mustard. Set aside.
- While Potatoes and eggs are cooking, cook bacon until crispy. Cool, and break into pieces.
- Mix bacon into Potato and egg mixture and pour sauce over all and mix with wooden spoon. Salt to taste if necessary. Make sure the sauce is good and creamy. If the salad is too dry, add more mayo until creamy.
- Chill salad, and serve. YUM!