Japanese Mash Potato Salad
Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero
I have not tried it with sweet potato, but I'll definitely try it the next time.
2 mediumsweet potatoes (optional)
1 mediumcarrots (thin slices)
1 mediumjapanese cucumber (thin slices)
1 cjapanese mayo
1 pinchsalt and pepper
How to Make Japanese Mash Potato Salad
- Peel the potatoes and cut into smaller pieces. Boil a pot of water, add 1 t salt and boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and mash. Let cool.
- Peel and dice apple into small cubes.
Use a mandoline to slice the cucumber thinly.
- Wash the raisins (because they can be gritty) and pat dry on tea towels.
- Cut carrot into thin slices, cook in boiling water until soft-firm. Drain and let it cool.
- Mix everything together with enough mayo, salt and pepper. Chill well before serving.