Irish Warm Potato Salad with Bacon Dressing
2 lbsmall new potatoes
·sprig of mint
2 Tbspolive oil
6 ozfatty bacon, diced
2garlic cloves, crushed
2 Tbspchopped parsley
1small bunch of chives chopped
1 Tbspwine vinegar or cider vinegar
1 Tbspirish wholegrain mustard
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Irish Warm Potato Salad with Bacon Dressing
- Scrape or rub off the skins from the new potatoes, and cook in salted water with the mint for about 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and allow to cool a little, then turn into a salad bowl.
- Heat the oil on a frying pan, then add the onion and cook gently until just softening. Add the diced bacon to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes, until beginning to crisp.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so, and then add the chopped herbs, the vinegar, mustard, and seasoning to taste, remembering that the bacon may be salty.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes. Toss gently to mix, and serve warm.
- Variations: Finely chopped spring onions (scallions) can replace the chopped chives and/or chopped parsley, if you like.